I Can’t Charge that I Feel Like an Imposter!
Episode 61 | Live with the Pricing Lady (Thursdays 15.00 CET)
Do you feel like an imposter when it comes to charging customers for the value you bring?
Pricing often brings out a lot of internal conflict around money, success and worthiness. More often than not people feel like they'll be judged as an imposter if they charge "those" kinds of prices.
Reality is if you're delivering the value, not only can you but you should be.
All this begs the questions how and why women (and men for that matter) with Imposter Syndrome have difficulty asking the price they want for their service.
That's exactly what I spoke about with my expert guest, Sherine Lovegrove, in this episode. She helps women suffering with Imposter Syndrome (who self-sabotage, procrastinate and sophisticatedly hide) to walk their Sovereign Path with Power, Purpose and Grace.
I wanted to have her on the show so that we could have a frank discussion about the relationship between imposter syndrome and pricing.
Here's what we discussed:
- 1:15 Who's Sherine Lovegrove
- 1:39 What is imposter syndrome
- 3:10 The difference between self doubt and imposter syndrome
- 3:52 How to know when you're experiencing imposter syndrome
- 6:22 Where imposter syndrome shows up in pricing
- 8:08 How Sherine experienced it in her pricing
- 10:53 What can we when we recognize we're suffering from it
- 13:38 Know the value
- 16:39 Resist the urge, offer alternatives
- 18:19 Sherine's own pricing journey
- 21:16 Her book
- 23:59 Biggest takeaway from episode
"People question...when you don't sell your value." Sherine Lovegrove
Reach out to Sherine: at https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherinelovegrove/
Check out her book at: https://www.amazon.com/Hiding-Plain-Sight-No-More/dp/1916391400
PS: Want to get more great pricing content? Join my FB group.
PPS: Need help with your pricing but not sure if/how I can help. Book a Discovery Call.
Until next time Enjoy Pricing!